Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Couch to 5k working it

I have only "run" 3 times, but am committed to working this program. I started this program before, but didn't complete it. One of the challenges for me was to focus on timing the intervals for walking and running. Well that problem is solved with a great set of podcasts that I downloaded. Music, with verbal cues on when to walk and when to run. So perfect, I am just focus on my stride and getting through it. It has made me excited to do the next session. Ha! who would have thunk it?! I did Week 1 day 1 and 2. Day 3 was the same and I was doing fine, so I skipped it and went to day 1 of week 2 instead. A small cheat, but I will need all the days I can get as things get busy these next 2 weeks. Tomorrow I plan to run w2d2 at the rec center.

I am down 2 lbs from this frightful weekend I had. Did I mention I was right back to where I started. yea. not feeling the love. Ah well. I pulled back the food journal, which keeps my daytime eating under control. The last 2 days I have actually felt hunger. Something I haven't felt in a long time. Too much face stuffing perhaps?!
Anyways, I am using this last week of Feb to work up to my new month, new plan. Getting all my tools in line and moving forward. Still a chance I can wear a bathing suit this summer without being frightened. (or frightening!)

No comments: