Sunday, December 30, 2012

September - more fun with friends

My running friend had come back to town to run the Navy 5 miler. I rallied some folks from the hood and we made a small group of it. This was my last race before the big half marathon. I was feeling good about my preparations and we headed downtown as a group.


At this race I met some folks from a bootcamp that meets just around the corner from my house. My friend Irma has been with them for a long time and I loved getting to know some of the girls.



This race started at the Washington Monument and was a beautiful loop with lovely views of Alexandria. I ran quite of the race and felt strong in this race. I still finished last (in my group), of course, but that isn't why I am running.




Lovely weather and fun day! I love that running has begun to put a smile on my face!




I finished the 5 miler in 1:03:37.

No comments: