Thursday, April 4, 2013

One Foot In Front of the Other

I took Monday as a rest day, Tuesday was bootcamp and today I needed to run. Due to soccer and baseball starting we have moved gymnastics to Wednesday. My hubby likes to take my daughter, so I had plenty of time to run tonight. It is freezing out, so even though it is light later, I took to the treadmill.

the treadmill, without the tutu tonight
As I think I have mentioned I haven't laid out a training plan for this race, which is unusual for me. It has been more a factor of time then anything else. So I have been taking my cues from the training plan Nike is posting weekly for the Half. Tonight I was on for 5 miles. I had the time, got home and changed. I posted to facebook for some motivation and soon had commented from around the country (and my neighborhood) to get moving. It took me longer then in the past to get going. I started out with 5 minutes or so, then after the first mile and a half was able to lengthen my intervals to 10 minutes. It took me about 1.5 hours to run the 5 miles with a total run time of 1:06. So got my first April run in the bank.

How do you get moving after a long day at work or do you always workout in the morning?

No comments: