Monday, March 29, 2010

Keep Moving...

That seems to be the only goal I can achieve lately. My to do list runnth over, my mental list is even bigger (I don't dare write it down!). I can't control that so much, but what I can do it to take things one step at a time. I have had to prioritize by due date - something I try not to do because then I finish things just prior to the due date and not before.

One thing I cannot put off is my goal to move more and eat better! Due to some stressful encounters with my daughter, I did a little bit of drinking this weekend. (after she finally fell asleep) Not more then 2 drinks, but it makes the snacking come on. So there were some tortilla chips. Maybe more then a few. Eliminating late night snacking alone could shed some pounds! So there is a goal.
Couch to 5k - still plugging along. I ran W6 day 1 and 2 with no problems. Day 3 (a 25 minute run) was a little more challenging. I ran in the morning, which I rarely do, but we were already at the rec center for the kids swimming lessons. I ran the first 10 minutes, walked for about 2.5 minutes and then started running to finish. I was thinking about giving up after the first 10, but then said to myself - that is just dumb - you know you have run 20 minutes in a row - get going! (yes there is a lot of self talk going on during these runs!) So I finished strong. Week 7 is all 25 minute runs, no intervals, so I get to get right back on and try again (tomorrow). Goal: do it!
Looking for a challenge - Jill and I are co-hosting the 100 mile challenge. New this round- pick your poison 100, 200 or even 300 miles in 3 months! Check out 100milefitness.blogspot.com to sign up! Goal: sign up - I did, will you?

Another success is that I signed up my son and I for the frst 5k I am going to RUN in April. Got to get through the next 3 weeks of running and I will be ready to go. Wonder when I can call myself a runner? :)

No comments: