Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2 milestones in 24 hours!

I completed my first 25 minute run! yea. It wasn't pretty, but I kept my speed from 5.2 to 4.6 the whole way. I was definately tired at the end, but as has been my habit completed the rest of the 5k walking. I am averaging under 45 minutes on a regular basis now, so that is an improvement. 2- 3 more times of running 25 minutes before I have to increase again.

Then I came home to an empty house (that never happens), made myself some leftovers and proceeded to feel very ill. NOT happy at all. Luckily (or unluckily) this typically means the arrival of TOM. Great timing - not as my MIL was about to walk in the door. Medicated and powered on though.

THEN this morning my weight had a 5 in it. As in 159.5. Woo Hoo! I still have that cute little computer bag sitting waiting for me to hit 155. Getting there way slower then I want to, but I am also eating at a level I can sustain and not feeling hungary all the time. So that is critial to making this a life choice rather then just for this summer, or my reunion etc. Running every other day is a goal that I have committed to, so I am a little worried when I run out of C25K program. Cross that goal when we get there. I only have about 18 passes left at the rec center and then I can buy a monthly program (I bought passes for when I lapse - which I majorly did before - so I don't lose my investment). There are a ton of good classes that I should/could take to get the tummy and arms involved in this revolution.

how did you do today?

No comments: