Monday, February 11, 2013

Perhaps I Have Gone Too Far?

Friday afternoon/evening was spent at school. They had a great play presented by the aftercare class.


Then chess club. An hour of chaos. I was ready for wine and bad food by the time I got home. Ended up clean out the frig to feed everyone. I had pizza and wine. :)

Saturday was time to sleep in and I headed over to Pacers. My new Omnis were suffering from some bad stitching. They had others in my size, but they were RED. Oh no. My dream of having a perfect outfit - including the shoes - was flashing before my eyes. Before I could even think, I asked if I could get green. How silly! But it was fate, remember? Colleen was so patient and there were plenty in my size online. So they were ordered and should be here by next Friday. One week before the race, but I should be ok.

We had plans for a charity event on Saturday night. A chili cookoff and bingo night. We had a great time, and I had lots of chili, wine and dessert. Seeing an eating trend here?



Sunday was long run day. I had made plans earlier in the week to meet 2 mother runners at a local running trail to put in our mileage. I was scheduled for 11, but we weren't going to meet until 1 pm. It was hard to wait so long, and I wasn't sure what to eat. I ended up having cereal for breakfast and then a bagel with peanut butter for lunch.

I look like a total giant here! 

I met Elaine and Rebecca right on time. We headed out on the CCT ( a new part this week) and turned around at 5.5 miles. All of the sudden my knee had this sharp pain. This was not good - not good at all. I walked for a little and it slowly went away. I don't want to be injured this close to the Princess run! Well, ever, but let's be realistic. We went several miles past the point I have been on the trail, so it was neat to see the other areas. Lots of bikers out as well. The temp was perfect for a long sleeve shirt and jacket. I got this hot pink number at Costco. It has 3 zip pockets, which I was loving.
In the end, I was able to finish pretty strong and hit 100 miles for the year. Cool milestone. I currently have on my new Procompression socks. My leg are feeling much better then they were a few hours ago.

I ran in the shorts I bought to go under my tutu and it felt good. I also sewed my snaps onto my tutu coverup/skirt. I am done and ready for Disney.


I have seen some of the costumes others are making online and it is going to be so fun to see everyone's creativity. It took me 3 tries to get the snaps right, so hopefully all will be well on race day.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: