Thursday, February 21, 2013

Run Up to Disney

So the three of us were chatting on FB today and getting our plans for the Princess Half all ironed out. Sandie is leaving from CA tomorrow and Laura and I head down from our respective cities on Friday.

Here are some of the stats for the race.

More than 26,000 mostly women runners – nearly 20,000 more than the inaugural year in 2009 - are set to run the 5th anniversary Disney’s Princess Half Marathon on Sunday. The 13.1-mile course starts just outside Epcot and takes runners through the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella Castle before finishing back at Epcot. All runDisney races typically feature colorful runner costumes, Disney entertainment and characters. Runners completing the half marathon will receive a commemorative 5th anniversary tiara medal.

Isn't she pretty? 

Race Facts:
  • More than 26,000 runners in the half; 8,000 in the 5K and 1,700 in Kids Races; many from throughout Central Florida
  • The half marathon includes more than 24,500 female runners and 1,700 male runners
  • Runners represent all 50 states and 32 countries
  • Youngest participants are 14; the oldest woman is 78
  • 324 runners have run all 5 races ("Prefect Princesses" according to the FB page)


Its going to be very busy there! 

I ran two miles today in my bra and shirt I will be wearing on Sunday and planning my packing list in my head. I wanted to go three miles, but pickup duty called. Considering how yucky I felt last night, I consider today a major victory. Now if I could only keep these sweets out of my hands. I am going to gain that two pounds back in 24 hours if I don't watch it! I think perhaps a bag of popcorn is called for while I catch up on my water. 

Tomorrow is the big Pinewood Derby, so I am going to have to put my 24-7 racing brain on hold for a little bit and be the mom/race manager's wife. 

No comments: