Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Day We Played Like Kids

Saturday we woke up nice and early to head over to the Magic Kingdom.

We arrived just as they were opening the park. It was fun to be there when the doors opened and Sandie caught her first glimpse of her favorite character, Stitch.



We headed right for Space Mountain. Turns out we didn't need to be so concerned. The park was basically empty and we got onto every ride we wanted to ride in 5-10 minutes. I was a whirlwind of roller coasters and a few favorites such as It's a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean. We tried out the new Ariel ride and visited Buzz Lightyear. In the end we were there for 3.5 hours and had done everything we wanted! Its amazing how fast you can move without kids and lines.




As someone who grew up on Disneyland, it was a little disconcerting to have things in the "wrong" places.

Before we left the park we grabbed lunch in Tomorrowland within view of the castle. I insisted we eat outside in order to grab every minute of the warmth.


We decided to head back to the expo to actually get a chance to check out the vendors. We had fun walking around and checking out the merchandise. I headed over and met the Mother Runners Sarah and Dimity. Super sweet and I am sorry I missed their presentations on the stage. (pictures to come)

Found my name on the wall of runners
I picked up a mother runner shirt "Finishing=Winning" and a pretty necklace. No official merchandise for me though.

We headed back to the hotel to relax before heading down to Downtown Disney. Laura and I hung outside the room after dragging our desk chairs outside. It was nice and peaceful and fun to relax.



We ate at Wolfgang Puck's for dinner and headed home to get our sleep. I laid everything out took a quick shower and we were in bed by 9:30. Our alarms were set for 3:15 - Yikes!

Tomorrow - the big day.

What takes you back to your childhood?

No comments: