Monday, March 4, 2013

2013 Goal Check In

The days march on and I thought it would be good to do a check in on my goals.


January

Run 62.5 miles (1/12th of my goal of 750 for the year) - Done (69 actually, but who is counting? Hrm, me I guess!)
Kid's Shower fix and garbage disposal (see how I grouped those plumbing issues - genius I tell you) - Done
Summer Vacation Planned - Not yet, but we know what we are doing, I just have to get the house. I have been doing legwork on this, so its only a matter of another week or two before we are set.

February

Disney Half - Done

62.5 Miles - Done (68 this month, not bad for 28 days)

Kitchen Fixes - got an estimate, but the contractor is kind of sketching out on me. May have to start from square one with this. Also paired with a goal for March.

Taxes - Done, but not filed. For some reason I like to let them sit awhile. I am not sure why because I never change anything and don't have the smarts to actually find anything wrong on the forms themselves.

Summer Camps - Done. Whew, that was a tough one. 2 kids that need full time camp. Everyone has camp at the local TKD studio several weeks, but then there are specialty weeks too, scout camp etc.

March

1 minute plank - Done, My full year goal is 3 minutes, so I broke it up. I have been using the great tracking sheets runwithjess.com puts out. Been slacking on planks the last few days, so need to get back to that and not lose my progress.

62.5 - Time will tell. I did 7 today, it was way ugly, but done. Still trying to decide about marathon training, but I think 2013 isn't the year. Princess was not the magical race I wanted it to be as far as pumping up my can do attitude for a marathon.

Shower fixes - notice a trend? In 2010 we redid our kitchen and I was totally turned off of calling any contractor for 2 years after that effort. I am finally getting back to the house fixes we need to get done. Then maybe I can do another "fun" project.

Weekend Trip - the last several years the family has taken weekend trips to cover a gap in the private school schedule. My daughter isn't in Montessori anymore, but I don't want to give up that time exploring the nearby areas. Haven't figured out what yet, but I still have the month of March to figure it out.

So there you have it. I feel like I am moving along with the things I wanted to get accomplished so far. I need to pick up speed on the house items because they only get more involved as the year goes on. I am happy with my workout schedule and feel like my running base is really starting to develop. Yea!

We are hitting some big transitions at home however. My son is moving from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts starting this week and he earned his Black belt, which changed his class schedule from one that was perfect for me to get midweek runs in to one that isn't so accommodating. Soon it will be all up for grabs as baseball season is starting. That means my husband and son will be on the ball field for hours a week and I will have my daughter more. This isn't an issue when the weather is bad and I don't mind being on the treadmill, but when the weather is nice its tough to be stuck inside.

On another note, I didn't make this a written down goal, but I would like to lose 6 lbs again this year. This was more to keep me in the mindset of not letting my weight rise 1 or 2 pounds at a time. So far - I am holding even, but not losing anything.

How are you doing on your goals?

No comments: