Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

I spent the second half of last week discussing my thoughts on the Spring/Summer with my husband.

First major decision was the Green Bay Marathon. I had thought very seriously about doing it and knew my run up to Disney was a good foundation to begin training for the May race. It is a flat course, hometown for my husband and has a very generous race time.



While I know the challenges at Disney were mostly out of my hands, the 16 minute per mile average threw me. Between that and all the transitions my son is currently going through, I knew this wasn't the time for me to take on the hours of training. So, we haven't told my mother in law yet, but I know she will understand.

The next decision I/we had to make was Disneyland. The race was selling out so fast in February, I impulsively signed up for it.  I knew there was a chance that vacation plans and travel wouldn't work out and I would have to forfeit the money. That wasn't a happy thought, but it is the Sunday before school starts for the kids, over the Labor Day weekend and what the family needs does come first.



Long story, short, I seem to have worked it out with everyone. We are going on our family vacation in early August and I will take the kids to my parents in CA the week before the race. I still need to decide if we are going to take a red eye back or come back on Monday. Looks like I will earn my coast to coast medal after all. Laura and Sandie are running too, so we will be back together again. :)

All in all I happy that we are getting closer to have a finished plan for the summer. I am looking forward to the races I am registered for, the Marine Corps 17.75 and the Nike Women's Half. After that I need to come up with a plan to keep up my momentum!

No comments: