Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Must Shake this Funk

I slept in again today. Well, by that I mean I skipped bootcamp. I had another tough day at work and slipped out in the afternoon to go shopping for a shower gift for a team mate. He and his wife are having a boy in a month and the team is going out on Thursday to celebrate. So exciting. I seriously can't believe how much baby stuff has changed in just 5 years! I was able to put together a nice basket and I am excited to celebrate.

Despite yesterday being such a yucky today. Today started rainy, but the afternoon was bright and warmed up. I was itching to get out and see what my knee could handle. I was very disappointed. I ended up walking to school to pick up my daughter and walk home with her. It was about 3 miles total, but I couldn't jog more then a few yards without pain.

I reached out the local mothers run this town group and they recommended a chiroprator. I have only 3 days until my race, and I would love to be able to run. I have never not run or finished a race, but I do know it happens frequently and to strong runners. I still consider myself a new runner, so I have no experience with pains and trying to determine what is normal and what is not.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Off to do some internet research!

No comments: