Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Planning for Success

I am sitting here watching the Biggest Loser contestants get their make overs. It seems like this gets set up as a big goal for them and something to work for. Just another example of why setting goals and milestones is so important.

You may have noticed that I split up my year long goals into smaller chunks. The overall goal of 750 miles for the year is represented as 62 miles each month. I know if I have a lower month it won't mean I am not going to hit my goal, but it will serve as a good reminder to get back on the treadmill.

For my plank goal I set 1 minute, 1.5 minutes, etc working towards my goal of 3 minutes. I have gained strength faster then I expected, having started at only being able to hold one for 30 seconds.

What was my non-scale victory today? I stacked my feet during push ups at boot camp. It wasn't as hard as I thought at all. Gave myself a little pat on the back for that!

I have also been seeing some progress on the scale side. Double bonus.

Workout schedule
Monday - boot camp
Tuesday - Boot camp/short run
Wednesday - snow expected! 30 day shred or run
Thursday - rest
Friday - boot camp
Saturday - 30 day shred
Sunday - Long run

What have been your non scale or scale related victories lately?

No comments: