Thursday, January 17, 2013

4%

I am at 4% of my goal! I have run 29 miles this month. Considering that I didn't do anything at all from Thursday to Tuesday. Wednesday is usually my rest day, so I am pretty proud of the fact that I got back on the treadmill and did another 4 miles today.

I will admit it bothers me somewhat that my week is all turned around, but I couldn't honestly take a rest day after having 4. I am just happy I got back to it and did what I needed to.

I joined dietbet at the beginning at the month through runwithjess. I started at 154.5 - which I want to state was clothed and in the middle of the day. :)  Today I weighed in at 149 (granted morning and naked), but I am still a pound away from my goal. This allows me to get my $10 back and apparently a share of the pot from anyone who didn't meet their 4%. I lost 6 pounds in 2012, which just speaks to how much I drink perhaps? I specifically am working on strength with my boot camp, but am not sure how that will impact my weight. I want to lose inches more - for sure. It is about feeling great and great in my clothes - that is what I am striving for.

So far the dietbet has been interesting as many folks reached their goal in 1 or 2 days. For others, that seemed to be very discouraging. I am much more competitive with myself in that, perhaps that comes with being the turtle on the course. Some folks aren't updating their weights, so it is hard to know how they are doing. There are also 749 people in this game! It is somewhat difficult to determine what the trends are with so many people involved, but the pot should be encouraging, regardless of what other people are doing.

Anyways, I am pretty sure I am going to meet my goal this time, due to post Christmas loss. I mean just cutting out the cookies and not drinking was worth 3 pounds. I have 12 days to complete my challenge - cheer me on!

Have you ever done dietbet or gympact? Was it motivating to you?


No comments: