Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Back At It!

I went to bed last night ready to conquer this week and whatever cloud I had hanging over my head. It was past time and I did it!



This morning I woke up and made it to boot camp. We were 6 strong this morning and everyone seemed a little sluggish to me, but perhaps that was just my sleepy eyes. I didn't go all out, because I definitely was still feeling the effects of whatever cold I had. I just knew if I didn't go today (Tuesday) then I would have my long run on Thursday to balance, and, and and. Basically it wasn't going to be easy to get back to it after a week, but the only way to start was to get there. As always, once I am there, I just do what I am told and the hour goes by quickly. The sprints at the end almost put me over the edge energy wise, but luckily the clock was on my side and we were stretching before I had to call Uncle.

My lunch time was productive with a trip to get the car estimate done, 10k! Wow!! That seems like a lot for a bumper and the underlying fender. Guess when I do something, I really go for the gusto.



So thankful for the insurance! Then I grabbed lunch and filled up the car with gas (yes, the light was on - a pet peeve of mine) For 40 minutes, I felt like I crossed several things off the list.

After work I was able to sneak in just over 2 miles on the treadmill. I felt good and it was an even 30 minutes. A nice re-entry into running, with my last run being 5 miles on Thursday.

The boys went off to a scout event and DD and I did out thing. Lice check and game.



I am still finding those nits! UGH. It is definitely much less each day though. Another few days and we will be washing with the Killing Shampoo again. Yes, it actually says that on the bottle.

The rest of the week is looking good and I am feeling better! I think I have turned the corner. Perhaps January 15th should be the start of every year!



No comments: