Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rest on Day 2?

Today is the 2nd day of the year, and I am taking a rest day. It seems somehow wrong since everyone else is busting their butts working on their resolutions. I know my body needs rest though to grow stronger and I have been working hard the past several days. I have been running since bootcamp was closed for Saturday- Tuesday.

Today was the first day back to school and work and it is going to be a busy month! Work has lots of projects starting up that I will be leading and the kids activities are all heating up as well. Which means I am going to have to be creative about getting my runs in. Strength workouts aren't as big of an issue because bootcamp starts at 6 am! I need to keep running at least 3 times a week with my long run on Sunday.

One of the pieces of my 2013 goals is a word for the year. Amanda at Run to the Finish had a great post on choosing a word for the year. It gives you flexibility and a more universal approach to your goals. My word for this year is "Stronger". This is meant to represent not just my fitness goals, but also my goals for my family.

Have a great day!

No comments: