Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Eve

I had a fantastic New Year's Eve! The day was just spent futzing around the house. I got some email chores done and worked on my goals some more. I think I am pretty happy with where they are right now, and I will share them soon.



So for the bonus race, my friends and I race the Fairfax 4 miler. It is a race located in downtown Fairfax city at 6 pm. I wasn't sure who would be out on the course, but it seemed to be a mix of folks who run all the time, and those looking to kick off 2013. I guess I was somewhere in the middle. It was weird racing in the dark and it was a chilly start. (Not nearly what it could be, but my muscles were rebelling a little bit. I had run  several days in a row previously, so I wasn't necessarily rested like I have been for other races.



I met Edye and Irma downtown and we were off. The route was essentially the same as what we run for bootcamp, only backwards and with a few other jogs added in. I was doing well and about mile 2 thought I would be able to run the whole race without walking. About mile 2.5 there was a water stop and an out and back over a hill. That was just wrong, IMO. In the end I walked some, but knew I had a chance to PR based upon the little Runkeeper voice that was checking in on me every once in awhile. I was able to finish strong and came in at 47:27. This was almost a 2.5 minute PR for me!



Soon after we headed home to get our eat on.


Waiting for Irma and her family to come over, I was hanging out on FB and generally relaxing, when who comes to my door then Lorna! My running buddy from DE. She was in town and had seen our postings on FB. It was so good to catch up with her and celebrate with everyone!


Fun was had by all, including an awesome demonstration of Gangum style by the kids. All in all, I am so lucky and happy. Hope you all had a good one too. Here's to 2013!


No comments: