Friday, January 25, 2013

Warrior Mother Runner

The kids woke up on their own this morning. You know something is up in my house when the kids wake up on their own.


Sure enough it had snowed and we had a two hour delay. I had a dentist appt so I took my chances on the hill by our house and headed out. It was a little touch and go there for a bit, but I made it! After I finished my appointment I was informed of a "situation" at school that required me to head back home and then to school. By the time I got to work I was tired of driving on snow covered roads! And we only got an inch.

Today I managed to get in all 4 miles without stopping to take someone someplace!

So I ran my first (and only to date) half marathon in October. I was the proud owner of three black toes by the time my training was over. From what I could gather from the web (yes, I self diagnose on the Internet) once they turn black, they always fall off. My race was the first weekend in October, so it has been quite awhile. Today my first toenail fell off.



The good thing is it took so long, that there was a full baby nail underneath. Well, maybe not a baby nail, those suckers are sharp. This nail is flimsy and paper thin. But let's face it, I have seen worse and I think this is just another sign I am becoming a bad ass mother runner!

What makes you feel like a warrior runner?


No comments: