Saturday, January 5, 2013

Short Week, Long List

So I was so close to skipping bootcamp this morning. Alarm went off, I got up and turned it off. Laid back down. That easily means end of game. But I knew I had a long day ahead of me and after 3 or 4 minutes, I got up. I was certain that a workout was what I needed to start this long stressful day out right.



I am in the midst of year end reporting at work and it is a lot of number crunching on a short deadline. Spreadsheets are not my best skillset, so this causes my stress level to go up. Additionally, there are others relying on these numbers to get their work done. I started the year knowing these first two weeks were going to be brutal and I just need to work through things one step at a time.

In the end I was right about feeling better having worked out. We didn't even walk into the door of the house until after 7 pm tonight and still had dinner to tackle. With 2 workouts yesterday, I am beat! My goal tonight will be to go to sleep. Easier then it sounds, when my day has been jammed packed I need to take a breather, typically reading. A good book can always get me into trouble. :)

I wasn't so busy to ignore this beautiful sky. And for that I am thankful.


No comments: